We're on the hunt for an experienced and passionate Sales Manager to join our team at Mt Ruapehu. This is a new role that will drive sales and visitation to both Whakapapa and Turoa, NZ's two largest ski areas. Our unique selling point is our location and that we operate on an active volcano in a World Heritage Area, but we don't like to rest on that alone so you will need some savvy sales skills to promote the business and what we do.
Based in Taupo, there will be regular visits to the ski areas so that you can mingle with the team as well as check in on our products first hand. No two days are ever the same at Mt Ruapehu but you can expect that you will actively be working with retail, inbound and C&I travel partners to support all RAL products and services. You will also help develop and drive strategies for promotions, events and new products through ongoing analysis of sales figures and market trends. Essentially, you will be the oracle for all things RAL sales and the go to point of contact for our sales partners.
At Mt Ruapehu you don't just need to be an expert in your field, we also want you to share our passion for skiing, riding, and our adventure playground across all four seasons. That passion will translate into high levels of initiative and the ability to build a solid base of relationships that will add value to the business. We hope that you'll bring:
• "Real World" sales acumen with proven 2-5 years direct selling
• The ability to dissect the numbers and use these to forecast trends
• Exceptional communication and the natural ability to build rapport with a variety of
• Passion and experience in a tourism business, ideally snowsports
• A qualification in Business and/or Marketing would be an advantage
We're all about having REAL FUN in this UNREAL PLACE, so if you think you can help put Mt Ruapehu at the forefront of everyone's mind when they think snowsports adventure, then we want to hear from you.
Come and explore your new backyard with us!
If you would like more information about the role or a position description, please visit our website www.mtruapehu.com/jobs
Destination Great Lake Taupo?
Taupo is a highly desirable holiday and short break destination for New Zealanders and international visitors alike. Growing tourism for the region is an exciting and challenging opportunity. We are seeking an enthusiastic leader who will work with industry and others in the community to increase awareness and the number of visitors to the region.
The role will be attractive to a creative individual who can lead our skilled team at Destination Great Lake Taupo. You will represent us to the community, local industry and the wider national and international industry responsible for distribution and bringing visitors to the region. You will need a passion for the region and a sound knowledge of marketing principles and communications strategies to guide our team.
We consider the following attributes important in this role:
• Results-driven, with recognised general management experience and a track record of enhancing performance in professional services or stakeholder orientated businesses;
• Demonstrated people leadership skills, including providing long term strategic vision and direction, and developing people capability to deliver high performance;
• Enthusiasm for developing and sustaining relationships across a range of
commercial and local government clients and industry stakeholders;
• Solid commercial experience with evidence of results delivered from effective
• Ability to lead change and on-going learning across the organisation; be creative
and innovative in tackling complex challenges and demonstrate flexibility,
resilience and motivation;
• An astute manager whose integrity and honesty inspires others, who is culturally
aware and constructively manages conflict.
This is a unique leadership opportunity to build on DGLT’s success and make a further contribution to the District’s economic future. We offer a committed and experienced governance board, who value hard work and the importance of delivering for all stakeholders and staff.
Destination Great Lake Taupo is a Council Controlled Organisation funded by a grant from ratepayers to maximise the District’s economic value by attracting visitors and increasing visitor spend. It also works in partnership with the local industry to increase the value of our visitor spend, to enable the industry to continue to reinvest in marketing and enhance what the region offers to visitors. The organisation is also responsible for the operation of two i-SITE Visitor Centres with a combined turnover in excess of $2.5m per annum.
For more information and to apply, please go to: taupo.govt.nz
INBOUND OPERATOR – DESTINATION SPECIALIST
Southern World New Zealand is seeking an experienced inbound Destination Specialist/Travel Consultant to join our vibrant New Zealand team.
Applicants need have a solid knowledge of New Zealand tourism providers and enjoy working with international travel companies to design & operate unique New Zealand travel experiences for clients from around the world.
We are looking for staff that are passionate about destination New Zealand, creative, efficient and accurate.
The role will include utilising our extensive product database to create comprehensive and accurate quotations, booking of services, supplier liaison, formatting documentation as well as managing and supporting clients whilst in destination.
A high level of English (spoken and written) and a solid skill base to include Microsoft word and either a pre-existing knowledge of the Tourplan reservations system or the confidence to learn Tourplan are important.
Be part of a busy, fun and dynamic team and enjoy sharing New Zealand best tourism products with visitors from around the world.
Our New Zealand office is based in central Auckland and we have number of senior and experiences staff working remotely.
Martin Horgan Southern World New Zealand [email protected]
Touch of Spice
SENIOR TRAVEL DESIGNER POSITION
Touch of Spice, leaders in Luxury Stays & Experiences in New Zealand, Australia and the South Pacific are looking for an experienced Senior Travel Designer to join our growing team.
Do you have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the New Zealand inbound travel industry, have a strong background in sales and excellent customer service? We want to hear from you!
Please send your CV to [email protected] Applications close on Friday 23rd November 2018.
Please send your CV to [email protected]
The Headwaters Glenorchy
Managing Director of The Headwaters
• Are you an experienced hospitality/accommodations/retail professional looking for a leadership role in a business designed to make a difference financially, environmentally and for your community?
• Are you an entrepreneur with a track record of growing your revenues, your people, your impact and your company’s reputation?
• Are you motivated by delighting and inspiring customers, developing new offerings, and leading-edge approaches to business and sustainability?
Located in one of the most beautiful places in New Zealand, just 45 minutes north of Queenstown, The Headwaters is the umbrella organisation that hosts the newly-built Camp Glenorchy cabins, Mrs Woolly’s General Store & Pantry, and Mrs Woolly’s Campground. Opened in March 2018, Camp Glenorchy is New Zealand’s first Net Zero energy visitor accommodations, built to the most rigorous sustainability standards in the world.
We are looking for our first Managing Director to oversee all aspects of leadership, finance and operations to guide the business from start-up phase to revenue optimisation and triple-bottom-line sustainability.
Dunedin City Council
Consumer and Brand Marketing Advisor
Working with the Enterprise Dunedin team, the Consumer and Brand Marketing Advisor will develop and lead consumer marketing activities and attract partnership. You will educate and inform external and internal stakeholders on the Dunedin brand values and principles.
We are looking for an enthusiastic marketing expert who is a team player.
To be successful in this role, you will:
• have a tertiary qualification in marketing or similar
• have proven excellent marketing and brand development experience, including
social media channels
• have a passion for Dunedin and the development of Dunedin as a compelling
• have proven ability to establish and nurture relationships
• have excellent time management skills with strong attention to detail
• have strong computer literacy, with intermediate to advanced skills with the
Microsoft Office Suite of applications
• be highly motivated, responsive and innovative.
This is an exciting career opportunity for an enthusiastic and high performing tourism or
marketing individual to join our dynamic, passionate team.
Applications close Friday 7th September 2018.