Taupo is a highly desirable holiday and short break destination for New Zealanders and international visitors alike. Growing tourism for the region is an exciting and challenging opportunity. We are seeking an enthusiastic leader who will work with industry and others in the community to increase awareness and the number of visitors to the region.
The role will be attractive to a creative individual who can lead our skilled team at Destination Great Lake Taupo. You will represent us to the community, local industry and the wider national and international industry responsible for distribution and bringing visitors to the region. You will need a passion for the region and a sound knowledge of marketing principles and communications strategies to guide our team.
We consider the following attributes important in this role:
- Results-driven, with recognised general management experience and a track record of enhancing performance in professional services or stakeholder orientated businesses;
- Demonstrated people leadership skills, including providing long term strategic vision and direction, and developing people capability to deliver high performance;
- Enthusiasm for developing and sustaining relationships across a range of commercial and local government clients and industry stakeholders;
- Solid commercial experience with evidence of results delivered from effective trading operations;
- Ability to lead change and on-going learning across the organisation; be creative and innovative in tackling complex challenges and demonstrate exibility, resilience and motivation;
- An astute manager whose integrity and honesty inspires others, who is culturally aware and constructively manages conflict.
This is a unique leadership opportunity to build on DGLT’s success and make a further contribution to the District’s economic future. We offer a committed and experienced governance board, who value hard work and the importance of delivering for all stakeholders and staff.
Destination Great Lake Taupo is a Council Controlled Organisation funded by a grant from ratepayers to maximise the District’s economic value by attracting visitors and increasing visitor spend. It also works in partnership with the local industry to increase the value of our visitor spend, to enable the industry to continue to reinvest in marketing and enhance what the region offers to visitors. The organisation is also responsible for the operation of two i-SITE Visitor Centres with a combined turnover in excess of $2.5m per annum.
Applications close 4pm, Monday January, 21 2019.
For more information and to apply, please go to: taupo.govt.nz